Joining the BFAWU will:
- Give you access to a network of services and support from people who understand your industry and have first- hand experience of it
- Act on your behalf to negotiate better pay and conditions in the workplace
- Supply you legal help if you are unfairly treated, have an accident at work or even if you need help for your family.
- Provide health and safety advice and support
- Promote diversity in the workplace – to ensure that food workers are not discriminated against on the grounds of ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or language
- Provide new opportunities to learn and improve your skills
- Provide strength in numbers, together we are stronger