The BFAWU has a proud tradition of representing members with legal issues both in and out of the work place.
Over the years, our solicitors have recovered millions of pounds of damages for members, and their families, who have been injured at and away from the workplace.
Our trained Full Time Officials have represented members on many employment issues, be it grievances, disciplinaries, dismissals or anything else employment related. They are fully supported by our panel of solicitors who have a proven track record of achieving successful redress where a case warrants it.
Through our relationship with them, our solicitors provide advice and assistance on a number of other legal matters for our members and their families, either free or at an agreed market rate dependent on what is required.
BFAWU members are covered for free legal advice and Representation on:
- Personal Injury – at or away from work, on holiday or on the roads
- Serious injury – including brain and spinal Cord injuries
- Industrial disease or illness – including Baker’s Asthma
- Special rates for clinical negligence
- Special rates for wills, conveyancing, probate and lasting Powers of Attorney
- Employment Law (accessed via your Regional Officer or Regional Secretary)
BFAWU members’ families are also covered for:
- Personal injury – away from work, on holiday or on the roads
- Serious injury – including brain and spinal cord injuries
- Special terms for clinical negligence
- Special rates for wills, conveyancing, probate
- And lasting Powers of Attorney
- BFAWU members using the legal service from the Solicitors keep 100% of their compensation within the union scheme